The Rotaract Club of Casper: Young Professionals Network has recently revised our bylaws in order to better meet the needs of our current and potential membership. Since Casper College is located in our community, Rotaract of Casper will now be accepting ASSOCIATE MEMBERS who are ages 18-21. These members will have a reduced membership dues and attendance requirement. Contact us for more information!
Catch a snippet of the changes below and the full document containing all the new changes will be uploaded soon.
ARTICLE III – Membership Qualifications
- General Qualifications:
- Members. The club shall be composed of adult persons over the age of twenty-one (21) and of good character and good business, profession and/or community reputation. Each member of Rotaract of Casper is expected to attend at least 50% of the clubs regularly scheduled meetings annually. Officers and Board members that are unable to attend a board meeting shall notify the president or vice president of their absence in advance unless extenuating circumstances exist.
- Associate Members. Associate members shall be composed of adult persons aged eighteen (18) to twenty-one (21) and of good character and good business, profession and/or community reputation. Associate members shall be permitted to attend most club functions. The board shall have the authority to limit certain events to full members at their discretion, not to exceed 50% of all events. Each associate member of Rotaract of Casper is expected to attend at least 25% of the clubs regularly scheduled meetings annually.
- Friends of Rotaract. Friends of Rotaract members shall be composed of adult persons of good character and good business, profession and/or community reputation who have aged out of Rotaract of Casper or exceed the age limit but wish to participate in Rotaract of Casper events.
- Membership Process:
- The prospective member must have attended at least two (2) Rotaract of Casper meetings in any combination. The prospective member is informed of the privileges and responsibilities of club membership. The prospective member’s name is submitted to the board by the sponsoring member. Board members or any member of good standing may serve as sponsoring members.
- The board ensures the person is fully qualified and approves or disapproves of the proposal within thirty (30) days.
- The prospective member is asked to complete an application form and give written permission to publish his/her name and short biography to the club for membership. The prospective members name is published to the club.
- If no objections are received within thirty (30) days following the publication of the name, that person, upon payment of fees, is pinned as a new Rotaractor.
- If objections are received within thirty (30) days, the board reviews these objections and determines if such are valid reasons for disapproving membership. Once a decision is made, the proposing and prospective member is notified immediately.
- Once a member is approved after the thirty (30) day review process, they are required to attend a membership orientation facilitated by the board and membership committee.